It's been about 2 weeks since I lost my job. It's been interesting to say the least. I had 1 interview the day after I lost my job and I have been going to a women's center to get help with resume, job hunting, financial matters (i.e. budgeting), leadership training/seminars, etc. It's been a relief of sorts not to actually have to report to an office. I was informed today that the position for which I applied/interviewed was cancelled due to staffing changes... bummer... oh well...
I haven't felt much like applying or looking for a job. I'm trying to take my time and make sure I know exactly where my next step should be. As I am planning on going back to school to become a SLP (speech language pathologist), I have tried to read a little bit more about the field, ask many questions as well as research programs. I am also scheduled to start volunteering at a local literacy center once my finger prints card comes back.
All in all this whole process has been a de-stressor for me as well as an awakening of sorts. I want to make sure I am heading down the path that has been predestined by God instead of determined by me. I think that has been the hardest part for me. Letting someone, other than myself, have control over things that happen in my life. But if this is what He had to do to get my attention... well, I'm listening now. I want to love what I do this time, not hate it. So I wait...I am patient... and I try to seek him...
What's been quite surprising to me is now much I have NOT during this time. I thought I'd have more time to do housework (I LOVE a clean house), to study for the GRE, or to read. I am finding that I don't have that time at all. As soon as I get up in the morning, I am constantly running around, doing something and by the time I look at a clock (usually in my car), it's time to pick up lil man from school. Where had the time gone!?!? Ah well, maybe tomorrow... wait, tomorrow is veteran's day. Lil man will be home from school. ... hmm.. ok maybe Thursday...ack, I may have a class to go to at the women's center! Ugh.. the housework will have to wait... ick.. anyone know a CHEAP maid service?!
Adoption is still on my mind as well as missions trips. I'd LOVE the opportunity to go on a missions trip. But finances aren't where they should be. Thus I wait... I am patient... I try to seek him...
I'm at peace.... Thank God for this peace... it was much needed...
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment