Well, the inevitable happened. I lost my job. Yet, I find comfort in the fact that I knew it was coming and that God had prepared me emotionally for this upheaval. It's still difficult to comprehend as I look at my bank account and the current condition of the job market and the economy. Yet I know... I BELIEVE my God will make a way.
With the holidays approaching, it is cause to reflect on exactly what the season should mean. Presents are nice and the one(s) I planned for my dear husband would have helped him feel more confident about our financial situation and perhaps, maybe...we could really consider expanding our family. Having just lost my job, being the bread winner, it's hard to keep this vision. But I am yet prayerful; I am yet seeking God's face. God will make a way; He has a plan.
So today, I am taking it easy. Relaxing a bit. Playing on the computer. Tomorrow.... tomorrow starts the grueling task of searching...
Pray for me as I listen intently to God for my next move.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I am so sorry to hear this, but you are right - God will make a way. It's been about five years now, but my husband lost his job suddenly. His employer of 15 years closed its doors. We didn't know what would happen or how things would end up, but it turned out to be the best thing for us. It caused us to really examine our spending habits and learn to buy only what we needed instead of what we wanted. We learned how to "trim the fat" in all areas of our life and we had to give up things we didn't want to (like cable). It was hard, but good. I am praying for you guys. Keep the faith and let me know if you ever need encouragement or want to talk by phone. I would love to pray with you about this.
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you guys. Hang in there. God will see you through.
ReplyDelete