Lord,
I come to you on bended knee, broken, wounded and pleading for peace. Father. I know you are aware of all; you know our pains, our hurts, our injuries, our suffering. You know our joys and sorrows and our ups and downs. You know all; you see all.
Father, I come to you for several reasons today, not necessarily inclusive of my own problems and concerns. Father, I thank you for the hand you shown here. You have shown up and shown OUT! For this, we are eternally grateful. Lord, we know your work there is not done. We know you still have much more to do. Perhaps it is in the lives of the church members at Stone, perhaps it is in the lives of the Iveys, or perhaps it is in the lives of those, like me, who have followed their story. Lord I lift them up. Everyone and anyone associated with the Ivey. Lord I also pray for the Iveys during their time of need. Although they are going through, they YET honor your name. They YET sing your praises. Continue to shower your love and grace on them. Continue to bless them; continue to show up and show out. Father, thank you for the heart that the Ivey's have shown, for their love of Haiti and the undying love of the orphans.
Also, Father, I come to you on behalf of my friends Corey and BeeDee. Lord you know their needs, inside and out. Each one has specific needs, specific issues that they are currently dealing with. You know their hearts. I ask for peace for them. Lord only you alone can grant them the peace that surpasses all understanding. Only you can heal their brokenness and patch their wounds. Only you can rock them in your arms and let them know that everything will be ok, but in your time. Only you can explain the reasons that they are going through. Grant them peace in the storm. Love them through their storm. Lord, I beseech you; I call upon your name. Thank you Father for showing up and promising to show out! Thank you Father for your love and grace even when we go through the storms of life.
And Father, I am not yet done. I pray for you blessing during the wait for Courtney and her Family, Mandy, Stephanie and Bill and Christina. Help them to seek your face during this time and to know that you are yet in control. Cover them, Lord. Show them that your mighty hand is in their lives and in the lives of their new family members.
Lord, I also pray for the safety of my blog-friend's husband and son, TR and Kman as they journey to meet and pickup their newly adopted son. Lord allow them a safe pilgrimage to Ghana and back. Keep their waiting family here in the US safe and sound. Let them all continue to seek you, to praise you as they see their journey come to an end. And as their journey is indeed over for now, help them to seek out and assist others who's journey has just begun.
Lord, so many need to hear a loving word from you. So many need to feel your loving arms surround them. Thank you, Lord, for being such an awesome God. Thank you, Lord, for all that you do and all that you stand to do. Thank you, Lord, for everything. We await your words with eager spirits, open hearts and listening ears. Speak to us, Lord.
In your blessed son, Jesus' name
Amen.
************
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment