Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's my anniversary!

Today is my 6th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, my husband and I went to a hotel Saturday night and left our son with my best friend and her family. The hotel, a comp room I'd won at work, was a needed break for us. We had a nice time, just winding down. We got up this morning refreshed and ready to tackle another year.

As my best friend and I have the SAME anniversary (how COOL is that?!!?), we decided to send them to a hotel for the night and keep their 2 kids. I LOVE their kids with all my heart. LOVE them. They will always, ALWAYS hold a special spot in my heart. My friend and her husband were quite surprised, shocked, ecstatic and nervous. They wanted to know why we would do this for them. They were going to celebrate in their own way. But I know my friend really wanted to be alone, kidless, in a hotel, with her beloved. Thus... we purchased the room for them this morning. Surprisingly, although it was my idea, my husband was the one that actually hunted for the room and paid for it. He was eager for them to celebrate their anniversary and he doesn't mind the kids sleeping over. That, to me, is the best anniversary gift of all. I hope they have a good time.

Well, I'm off.. the kidlings are here!
Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! How wonderful that you were able to bless another couple by caring for their kids.

    ReplyDelete