My definition: Faith is jumping feet first and allowing God to lead the way. Assuming that all will as planned... no need to worry about it.
His definition: Faith is cautiously edging forward, ensuring that you have the resources to put behind whatever you do. Faith without works is dead and that God helps those that help themselves. Obviously, he takes the word 'works' literally.
I was a bit taken aback because I'd heard that before: God helps those that help themselves. Where did that come from?? Does that verse REALLY mean that?
A newsletter I received from Heartline this morning ended with this:
What is faith? It is the confident assurance what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see.
What does faith mean to you? IS there a right or wrong definition to faith?






These quotes are on my blog and I couldn't pick my favorite so I'll share them all:
ReplyDeleteFaith is BELIEVING the Word of God and acting on it no matter how I feel, believing that God will bring a good result.
Faith is not a belief that everything will turn out to please us; rather it is the confidence that no matter how things turn out, God will somehow use the events in our days for His glory and for our good.
Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.
Faith is being willing to trust God - turning your hopes and problems over to Him and trusting in His wisdom - and knowing that somehow everything will turn out for the best. No matter how difficult or dark things become, there is always a light.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
Faith is a reasoning trust, a trust which reckons thoughtfully and confidently upon the trustworthiness of God.
Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.