Saturday, July 5, 2008

Random happenings....

It's monsoon season. This means rain,wind, thunder, lightening.. Last night was no different. Fourth of July celebrations were pretty much cancelled as the winds and storms rolled in about 4 or 5 pm.

Luckily my family was able to celebrate the 4th the day before at the community park near our home. The fireworks were nice, however my 4yr old was not impressed. He soo badly wanted to go on the hot air balloon ride, however with the winds and storm coming in, that ride was shut down before it was able to get off the ground. He was able to play on multiple bouncies and slides, and road the tea cup ride. Oh and he was able to con mommy into giving him lots of sugary treats. All in all, we had a wonderful time.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened yesterday. We hadn't made any plans to go anywhere anyway. Just to sit around the house and relax (easy for everyone except ME to do. My house is a wreck. I NEED TO CLEAN! ugh!) Hubby made hamburgers for "lunch" (that was at about 2pm), and we all tried to take a nap... little man wasn't hearing it! LOL... so we got up and started to watch a movie. Hubby left before the movie started (it was enemy of the state) and little man was not interested so he played. That left me to watch the movie while surfing the net.

As I surfed, I stumbled across a new blog.. another family adopting from Haiti. I was awe-struck and stayed up most of the night trying to soak in their story and their life. Little man must have been having bad dreams because he kept waking up in the middle of the night and running into the rooms where I was. Thus I decided to try to pull myself away from the computer and continue reading my book. I found myself going back to their prospective blogs and continued reading their stories.

I can't wait to read how their journey ends. It's mixed with trials, tribulations, faith and trust in God. Only God knows how this will end... I pray they have a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment