******
I am often asked why I want to adopt international and not from the US. Truthfully, I would LOVE to do both yet my pockets (and possibly my hubby) will definitely interfere. If it were left to me and my devices, I would probably have a houseful of children (LOL). But I know there are other things to consider such as time, costs and energy in raise children. Yet I know people that do just help as many children as they can. They keep expanding their hearts and homes for the love of the children. I have read of one family with 22 children ranging in age. I know of another family with 3 that are adopting 3. I know of yet another family with 9 who is looking for number 10, 11 and so on.... the list goes on and on. They tell me the do it (adoption) to honor God. They do it because they were called to do so. They are, to me, true inspirations for they didn't worry so much about costs ... they are worried about the children.
******
How can you or they afford to take on any additional children.. be it 1 or 21? That's the question that most people ask.. yet the question should be..how many will GOD bless me with? How many does HE want us to have? I am not pursuing adoption on my own at least I don't believe (although some may think I am) ... I can HAVE another child and believe me the thought has crossed my mind (and has been spoken by my husband). But God is calling me.... I hear HIM calling me. Do I not oblige my Lord and Savior? Do I turn my back to him and say No Lord, I hear you not. No Lord, my time, my money, my energy is for me alone... these are MINE and I do with them as I please! No Lord, the decision to add more to my family is MY decision... Hmmm..I don't think that would go over very well and I remember all things were created by God with the sole purpose to Honor and Glorify HIM.... Yet I am questioning my hearing. I am questioning my feelings. How do I know it is actually God speaking to me? How do I know it's not just me wanting to do this to bypass pregnancy, diaper changing, potty training, etc. How do I know??? My faith is so weak right now so how do I know that adoption is truly meant for me? Only God can answer that. Only He can shed light on the question of why. So I will continue to pray and seek guidance... I will continue to research, to discuss with the possibility with my husband and to seek counsel from my pastor (once I can get into his office); I will continue to look at all the beautiful faces on the photolistings.
My heart is heavy... tears are flowing... Lord, what can I do? How can I help??






Did you read that starfish poem JG? I think my online friend has it on her website:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.karpstyles.com/adopthaiti/
One is not just only one - to the child it is everything!
I know I get so upset as well after I look at waiting kids photos and read articles on poverty...this world is seriously imbalanced.
Ok I get interuppted so many times when reading blogs I really need to read the full entry before I comment...I just jumped right in.
ReplyDeleteOn the last part of your entry you question your calling - don't you wonder why your heart is so pulled to adoption? I don't think it's bypassing pregnancy & possibly dipers (after reading bepreparedhaiti I see dipers can be a reality for some time even with the older children :) I truly believe if my heart is pulling you then I am being called to action. Maybe it's not adoption. Something that has struck me at times is that a Haitian family lives off of $300 a year. I could make a huge differance in Haiti on our limited income here in Canada.
AH - gotta run....sorry so many thoughts to share