Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Yikes! I realize that I hadn't posted in a while! With the holidays approaching, I have been busy preparing my house, buying gifts, and of course surfing the Internet. I LOVE the Christmas season. It's the season of sharing, giving, loving and kindness.

In the spirit of Christmas and to teach them about kindness towards others and giving instead of receiving, my friend and I had our 3 yr olds decorate tee shirts for 3 children in the creche from which we will eventually adopt (God willing). The 3 yr olds had a BLAST.... well, mine did! There was paint everywhere!! After we were done, I realized that they left NO room to put the names on the front of the shirts... which was the main purpose of creating the tee shirts ( the children in the creche are beginning to learn english and the idea is that they could begin to learn to recognize each others names and read them from the shirts. Wonderful idea!!!). I ended up putting the names of the children on the back. I was a little self-conscious of the shirts that they made as the other ladies in my group did shirts that were just beautiful (great job ladies!). However I realized that mine were just as nice , were done with love and were done to instill good values in our children. Thus I have to show off their work:












I really hope the children receiving these gifts enjoy them and know that they were made with love!

On December 21st, my hubby and I celebrated our 5th year wedding anniversary. WOW! I can't believe it has been 5 years already. It's amazing what happens when you put two completely different people/personalities together in one household! Tack on 1 child (here I am wanting to add 2 more!?!?!?) and you have a recipe for disaster, right? WRONG!!! For the most part, we've faired pretty well. As with all couples, we have our ups and downs, but we have enjoyed the ride!! Learning to grow together instead of apart is probably the hardest task for married couples to accomplish... well this and communication. We have surely endured our share of growing pains, however no one said marriage would be easy. In fact, I have always been told that marriage is HARD work! I can tell you now from experience that it certainly is! However with lots of communication and LOADS of pray, we can look back and say "WOW, we made it past 5 and look at what we accomplished together; look how bright our future is." God is GOOD! We pray that we are given the chance to celebrate many more anniversaries together.

For our anniversary, we didn't do anything in particular. We went to lunch together and ended up doing more Christmas shopping for our 3 yr old! How in the world did that happen?!?!? Anyway, we had a good time, just being together. We picked our son up early from school because we were ready for him to be home with us. Family is important to us. We love being with one another, even on the most special occasions.

As we look forward to the coming of the new year, I pray that God keeps you safe, healthy and wise. I pray that you grow closer to him as the year presses on. As for our private quarters, with God as the center we know that we will be just fine.

Keep God at the center of your life and at the center of Christmas!

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

The Gaddis Family.






1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Gaddis family! Love reading your blog!

    Remain Blessed,
    Lynsey
    www.ourferrisfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete