Monday, April 13, 2009

House- Sneak Peak!!! **updated w/new pixs**




We have been painting a LOT these past few weeks in preparation for the big move!

I'm a little scattered and tired at the moment, LOL! The decorator in me is having a BLAST with the various project.


For the main living areas, we chose the color Almond Latte by Dunn-Edwards.

http://www.dunnedwards.com/retail/content.asp?Category=0&Content=156&colorid=DE+6143

It's actually a little darker than the swatch shown online.




*********************************************************************************
For the bedrooms, we chose the color Floating Feather for 3 of the walls and then chose to do an accent wall.

http://www.dunnedwards.com/retail/content.asp?Category=0&Content=156&colorid=DE+6142


This one shows a little more pink than brown online but it is actually a lighter version of the Almond Latte.


The first bedroom will have 3 floating feather walls and 1 accent wall in Deep Brown

(http://www.dunnedwards.com/retail/content.asp?Category=0&Content=156&colorid=DE+6077 )



Picture of the 1st bedroom:




The bedding for this bedroom has been chosen:




*******************************************************************************
The second bedroom, there are 3 Floating Feather walls and 1 STRIPE Deep Brown/Floating Feather wall. Here's a sneak peak of that room! Kind of hard to see, I know. I'll have to take the digital camera next time to get better pictures.





Now I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do about bedding for this room! LOL
***********************************************************************************

Then my son's room will be 3 Floating Feather walls and 1 Falling Tears wall.

http://www.dunnedwards.com/retail/content.asp?Category=0&Content=156&colorid=DE+5792

Again this is a little lighter than the actual paint color.

I want to get him this bedding:





***************************************************************************

All three bedroom share a bath.

And I WAS going to do the bathroom in floating feather (top half) and deep brown (bottom half) as well but now started to think this was TOO much brown.

I bought this to use as a tie back in the bathroom for the curtain:



LOVE it. But now I am a little nervous with all the brown...

*************************************************************************************


There isn't an accent color in the master bedroom... yet. Probably won't be and the master bath will be floating feather as well. But here is my bedding:






What do you think? Should I go with tan and brown bathroom or should I choose something else? With the stripe wall, what bedding could I use that would bring in some color BUT also tie in with the stripes?

3 comments:

  1. Patty (pattyfisch@westusa.com)April 14, 2009 at 8:39 AM

    Wow! This is an amazing transformation - great job!!! It's going to look absolutely fabulous when the new carpet and your decorating arrives. :)

    Just a few ideas on your questions...
    For the bedroom with the chocolate brown wall, I think either adding color with a deep red or burgundy color would look amazing. Alternatively, you could decorate with a deep green for a little more subdued look.

    For the bathroom, you might want to think about leaving the walls neutral and then adding the color through decorations. For example new towel bars and toilet paper holder in the oil rubbed bronze finish would be a great way to add some permanent brown to the room. Also, you can get towels in colors which coordinate with the shower curtain holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job JG. YAY. You could go with a dark gold color in the bathroom to blend with the brown and liven it up a little. I actually saw a color that was a cross between apricot and gold, sounds gross but it was pretty.

    CR

    ReplyDelete