Saturday, January 3, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes...

I came into our kitchen to find littleman coloring away at the table. Not a big deal... so I started loading the dish washer. He comes up to me and says, "Mama, I want Morgan to come stay with me at my house. I want Morgan to come out of Mommy's tummy and stay here at my house ALL day." Errr.. huh?? Morgan, my best friend's daughter, is 5. She can't come out of my tummy at 5 years old. SO I say, Do you want Morgan to visit and then go back home to her Mommy and Daddy? "NO," he says. "I want her to stay with me here at my house. " I proceed to *try* to explain that Morgan cant come out of my tummy because of her age and that Mommy really doesn't want to have any more babies. He says "why? when can I have a friend that stays at my house ALL day with me and have my mommy and daddy?" I ask little man if it we should put this on our family meeting agenda (family meetings are NEW at my house). He says yes.

Oye... ummm... yeah.. out of the mouth of babes... and with NO prior prompting from me.... there have not been any discussions on adding to the family or adopting or having children... not by me in a while anyway. I have asked him if he wanted a sibling and I have asked him how he would feel about having a brother or sister, if he wanted a brother or sister.. but that was a while ago.

2 comments:

  1. At least you know he will be excited when the time is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience has been that little kids often remember those conversations (for years!) if it is extremely relevant to them. I would count it as a blessing!

    ReplyDelete