Monday, November 24, 2008

Forgive them Lord, they know not what they do... Do they???

Oye! These agencies, both private and public, really know how to pull on your heartstrings, don't they??!??! As I do pretty much every night, I visited several photolistings of children, both in Haiti and in the US... because.. well, my child or children can be anywhere in this big OL' world! But I digress.

So there I was, perusing away, clicking on picture after picture of the most precious faces in the world (outside of my little man's of course). I just can't believe that there are sooo many children out there without parents, without someone to permanently love them. How did we get to this place? Sigh.

I suppose the main purpose of the photolistings is to generate inquiries on the child/children. For someone waiting to adopt but can't, it just brings forth more questions than I have answers for.
Someone once told me that there is a great need to adopt from Haiti. I ponder this during my time of perusing. Is it really a great need to adopt ? Isn't the need greater to help them get on their feet so that they can keep and take care of their children? Are we being selfish? Are we really helping or hindering?

Yet, there I sit, every night... clicking away. Looking at all the Little faces. Imagining them in my family, trying to picture what issues could arise from them and from little man. Picturing this Christmas with a full house of laughter, game playing, toys. . . Oye!

Dablasted photolistings!?!?! Why do they even exist!?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. They are brutal aren't they? It's amazing the questions that run through your head when you are in adoption mode. It's fun to daydream sometimes.

    ReplyDelete