Sunday, September 28, 2008

Georgia on my mind

My hubby's and my families live in the great state of Georgia. They are currently experience a gas shortage due to the storms in Texas. There are gas station without gas and those with gas have to ration out what they have, setting limits of $20 or $30. The lines are long waiting to get gas and tempers are flaring amongst the people. You have to drive an hour or more away from your house, or your destination in order to find gas (thus wasting up more of your gas). What's more, most companies are not allowing their employees any alternatives such as flex work or working from home (at least not that I know of). I'm sure most have taken to riding the bus if the bus went a route remotely close to their jobs.

I am surprised that Georgia was the only state affected. Perhaps there were others but the news has not reported on it? I've only heard and read about Georgia. Times are indeed hard, but has become much harder for the folks in Georgia. I could only imagine what my family is going through. Yet I can surely picture what could have become of us should we have stayed in Georgia. We did not have the best situation thus thought it was best for us to move out of state for better employment. The Lord knows what's best for his children.

Please keep the people of Georgia in your prayers. It has been said that they have another month of this to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment