Monday, August 4, 2008

(In)consistent parent?

As a first time mom, I have the hardest time with consistency with my beloved son. I suppose it is a combination of things: guilt from working full time, not putting enough time IN to him (not around him), being on the computer for work or PM stuff (or even reading blogs), etc... I just want to be the best mom I can possibly be. I've noticed that he asks "what will happen if" or "since I did this, can I have a special treat" questions now, thus making me feel as though he has no concept of consequences (or doing because I said so for that matter!). This can't be a good sign, right? hmmm....

I have read Love and Logic however I am not that logical thus it may take some time to implement the things taught by Love and Logic (and quite frankly for me to understand them). One of my favorite blogger-buddies created routine for her kids and another blogger-buddy create her own version of the rule book designed by SuperNanny (shhh don't tell her kids that). As I am on a mission, I have decided to steal mimic their ideas. They are good mommies AND they both are adopting... maybe their mommyness will rub off on me! :D

Wish me Luck! I've already done the Morning and Evening routines... now I have to work on the rules/consequences document. Implementation time frame: Wednesday. I have to print everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment