Monday, June 16, 2008

This weekend. . .

So this weekend I had the pleasure of babysitting my best friend's toddler. JT is about 18 months or so I believe (I have to find out his exact age). We had a blast and SM had an awesome time having someone to "look after" and play with. They watched a movie together and SM continued given JT all sorts of yummy snacks (healthy snacks of course). JT wanted to be outside so I let them go out for a few minutes (it was sooo hot on Saturday I was scared he'd burn). I brought them back in after the chasing lead to a few falls onto the rocks (ouch). No bruises though which is good.

They came back in the house and went their separate ways. Nothing unusual... most kids like their own space. But they soon wanted back out to play. So I sprayed them down with sunblock and let them out. JT goes to the side of the house and turns on the water faucet!! Then proceeds to get under it and let the water run down is head... He thought it was hilarious. SM decided to join in the fun and they both and an great time playing in their own little splash pad. I am going to hate to see the water bill next month however. They played and played; laughed and laughed.... until we made them come in. It was soo fun to see.

I just kept thinking... SM would be a great big brother. He took such good care of JT... He would do well with a sibling or two in the house. . . I know there would be times of sibling rivalry however the good would certainly outweigh the bad... in my opinion...


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. And happy belated Father's day to all the days and soon-to-be dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment