As we said goodbye to 2009, my heart was deeply troubled , saddened and yet delighted. This year has been the worst year of our entire married life, lol. Not so much because of martial issues, but because of my own personal struggles. Add to that loss of employment, mounting bills and a fight with unemployment and my former employer over money and you get a very depressing year. So with that said... GOOD RIDDANCE 2009!
Hello 2010!
This year, one of my resolutions is to do something, to serve in any form I can, particularly with the younger population (i.e. children). I started volunteering for a local literacy program and I loved it. And I will start school soon, taking the pre-requisite classes for SLP. I am nervous about returning to school and entering a program that I have no knowledge about and I have heard that it is a tough field to get into and to learn (with all the science involved). However I am excited to start and determined to learn all I can about this field. I picked up 2 books from the library on communication disorders (introductory books) and I am almost done with one of them. That book has been a TOUGH read! LOL!! I can't deny that. Some parts were very confusing and hard to understand while the gist of the information was interesting and intriguing. I have only flipped through the other book and it appears to be more understandable in terms of how it presents the material but I am not sure I'll get a chance to actually read it as my school books should be arriving pretty soon and I want to get a jump start on those.
Still with a year or so of pre-requisites classes, having to apply for grad school upon completion of the classes AND 2 years worth of grad school classes to take, one can say I am a little perplexed as to the type of jobs I can get right now. I would really rather work either in my desired field, around my desired field, work with children services or somewhere in which I can get free tuition. I have looked into and thought about getting a B.A in Human Services to apply for jobs within foster care/adoption/family services arena but I have decided to just do one schooling at a time and I will still apply for jobs in that arena in hopes that perhaps the company would "sponsor" a return to school for that particular degree if they really deem it necessary. I've applied for several positions over the Christmas/New Year holiday so we shall see what happens. Only God knows what the outcome will be. Please be in prayer with me that one of these positions comes through.
The final resolution, (yes I only made 2, HA), is to delve deeper into my relationship with God. On the surface, I may sometimes appear very "spiritual" however internally, I struggle. Some days are good days and some days are terrible days. I know, I am human and we go through these things regularly. But there are everyday things that I can do to strengthen my walk with Christ (i.e. meditation/prayer, reading the bible, and of course service).
Adoption is still at the fore-front of my thoughts as I try to comprehend what God's actual plan is for us with this subject. As a compromise for hubby, I have thought more about foster to adopt from the U.S. I just need to present it to him in a more well thought out manner. Right now, I cant determine or describe how this will benefit me, him or our family, lol (which is what he asked when I mentioned it to him). We will keep talking about it...this year something will happen - either I will scrap the whole idea of adding to our family or he will come around to the idea. But I have a feeling something will happening this year.
I continue working/decorating our rental home. Our intentions are to eventually purchase this home. It's a nice size, has almost everything we could want, particularly in lot size. There would be some tweaking needed or perhaps some major renovations (particularly if more than 3 kiddos are added), but we could always do that stuff over time. It works for us right now... but we'll leave this plan for another year. Right now our main desire is to make it comfortable for us to live and entertain in. We're almost there...
I pray that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a safe and happy New year entry! Now let the real fun began. 2010 ... ready or not, here we come!
Blessings!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Happy New Year to you as well! I pray that the year will bring you peace, prosperity, and a greater closeness to the Lord. God Bless!
ReplyDelete:) Sarah C.