Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bulleted Ramblings

  • These past view weeks have been.... ummm.... atrocious! We finally moved into the new house, however there is still a lot of painting to do. We had our first visitor in our new home... a SCORPION! ICK! Luckily our painter was here to save the day (we were clueless as to how to dispose of it).
  • Everyone has been ill since moving ...well, except the dog. Because of the illnesses, stuff is either still in boxes or on the floor in the family room. This organized mom is having a nervous breakdown due to all the clutter. I like my home to be clean and to smell nice and fresh however at the moment neither can be said about my place. Now that I am feeling better, I am in the process of getting my organized, clean life back (LOL). Hubby is still sick and after a doctor's appointment yesterday, little man received a clean bill of health (along with some chest xrays as a lovely parting "get-out-of-the-doctor's-office-and-don't-come-back" gift.
  • We are concerned there is MOLD in this house. The house was built in 1973 so anything is possible. We are doing the do-it yourself tests from Home Depot. So far it shows that there is mold however we are unsure if it is the toxic kind or the "normal" kind. We have to send it off to see which one it was. Hubby is still feeling ill, however he is allergic to everything under God's beautiful sun and this is allergy season...Sigh, if only he'd GO TO THE DOCTOR. What's that Hubby? The dog ate the phone you, you say? hmmm I"m not buying that excuse!
  • We are preparing for real visitors at the end of this month. Hopefully the house will be in order by then, if not, I'll blame it on someone else... hehehehe.. How does this sound: "It's the dog's fault! He ate the broom, mop, and dust pan and drank all my green works cleaning supplies!" Yeah.. that works... sigh...
  • Little man's birthday is coming up. He wants a Monster Trucks theme. err...Yeah.... soo glad for google and the internet.
  • I have a problem with spending and shopping... figured that out recently. I LOVE to shop. Shopping makes me happy...Makes me feel important and all warm and toasty inside. I shop for clothes for little man (LOVE shopping for him) and household items as I like decorating. As I peruse the stores and craigslist, I am consciously reminding myself of this newly discovered "issue". I was able to pull myself out of Ross today without going overboard. I bought bath items for my 2nd bath. I drove home, dropped little man off and went to... yes another Ross and a Bed Bath Beyond, near my house. Hmmm... maybe need to work on self control and impulse. Ha ha! I didn't buy anything which for me is a BIG deal. So I am quite proud of myself.
  • My dog needs a hair cut... BADLY. So glad, somewhat, that Petsmart's grooming department is open tomorrow. He shalt go early. Happy mother's day to me! My doggie is getting shaved. He will be soo happy and oh so VAIN. He will sit in front of the mirror until I move him (or move the mirrors which will be harder to do). Dag-blasted dog!!!
  • Tomorrow's mother's day. Happy mother's day to all my blog friends! For mother's day, I hope to get a pedicure and manicure. I desparately need one. Let's see if it happens..,
  • Well... that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment