Please join the Rigg Family in this new theme. What a great idea!
My Thursday Hi:
hmmm... I suppose it would be being able to get up in the morning, praying for a good day and knowing that my family is healthy. When I think of the Riggs family and all that they are going through... their strength is far greater than mine on any given day.
Also today was payday. Yaay! Then.... there was a low.
My Thursday Lo:
Today I watched my paycheck go in and out within about a hour.. wow.. bills really have a way of depressing you. But at least most bills are paid. Others will be paid tomorrow. Yet we still are not caught up.
Also, I felt REALLY horrible this morning as I dropped my little one at preschool. Sometimes I feel like I'm failing as a mother; I am floundering. I feel like I'm far too critical, far too demanding. Yet I want him to be responsible. I want him to do his very best, to be his very best. I struggle with the fact that I have to work and that I can't be home with him all day, knowing full well that if I were at home I don't think he would be a happy child. Yet I struggle. I had to pay the school today and the secretary said, "you can leave the money with me whenever you want I know you are in a hurry." Not anything to "worry over" however it does make me stop and think a bit. Most of the parents there are stay at home moms. They hang around the school, getting to know each other and the teachers, getting to know the principle, the secretaries, the directors, and all of the children. They have morning PTO at the coffee shop, while have my coffee at work on my desk. I don't have the luxuries they have.
Sigh.. what if I could? Would he be a different child? Would he flourish or flounder in my care? What if, what if, what if.... there are many what ifs. But I have to work. So adjustments are made and the prayer is that he will turn out FAR better in his adult life than I did. God willing and with HIS help, he will be turn out better.
Sorry for rambling... go check out what others have to say about their Thursdays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I am a stay at home mom, but wasn't always. Once my second child was born, financially it wasn't worth me working. But I totally understand how you feel. I went through the same thing.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!!