Thursday, May 22, 2008

RIP Daddy (June 9, 1954 -May 21, 2000)


Wow, It's been 8 yrs since my dad went to rest in the arms of Jesus. I miss him sooooo very much. I constantly think of him, especially now that I have a child of my own. My son will never know the love of his grandfather; he will never get to see his Pa-Pa at his sporting events, his concerts, his birthday parties. . . All I can tell my son is that my dad would have LOVED him... particularly because he was a BOY. See, my dad had 4 girls. He wanted a boy desperately but that was not in God's plan.

It's usually a tough time for my family when this date rolls around. Memories flood our minds and our hearts. We are sometimes overwhelmed with sorrow and joy at the same time. Sad because he is gone, but glad that he isn't in any more pain; he's not suffering.

Every year, we'd go to his grave site as a family and pray. This year, I didn't get to go as I live in another state, but 2 of my 3 sisters stood beside my mom. My other sister went by herself later that day. Thank you all for being there, for supporting each other, for continuing to love each other.

Dad, thank you for the family you created.


DADDY

Although our hearts are hurting

And we feel we can’t go on

We know that in that very moment

You were not alone…

We know that God was there beside you

Holding onto your hand

As the time drew nearer

For you to leave this land…

He held your hands close and whispered

“My child, your time is now”

“But how will my loved ones go on?”

God said, “I will show them how”

He said he’d give us strength and love

And comfort in the night,

He filled our hearts with peace

As we witnessed your soul take flight

You no longer walk among us

For now you fly above

With all the Heavenly angels

Spreading your wonderful LOVE

Gary, we miss you and love you. Keep watching over us. We’re doing all we can to make you proud.

(original author of poem is unknown... but it was re-worded by my mom)

Your loving family

May 21, 2008

1 comment:

  1. praying for you

    lori

    http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/

    chatterboxls@aol.com

    ReplyDelete